'Desperate Housewives' Lures Trio of Alums Back for Final Season
Dana Delany, Kyle MacLachlan, and Andrea Bowen will reprise their roles on Season 8.
Desperate Housewives fans are getting a huge dose of nostalgia on the show soon. We’ve already seen Brenda Strong step out from the voiceover and back onscreen as Mary Alice (she’ll be on the Dec. 4 episode, as well), but now reports are coming in on three more alums.
A source close to the show confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Dana Delany, Kyle MacLachlan, and Andrea Bowen are reprising their roles on the final season, as first reported by TVLine. It’s still unknown how many episodes they’ll appear in and when.
Viewers will remember that Body of Proof’s Delany played neighbor Katharine Mayfair who left The Lane last year to explore her lesbian relationship with Robin (Julie Benz). MacLachlan plays Bree’s (Marcia Cross) ex-husband, Orson. And Bowen is Susan’s (Teri Hatcher) grown daughter, Julie.
Showrunner Bob Daily told THR that he went into the final season asking the questions, “Are there any unanswered questions floating around out there? Any characters we need to check in with one more time?” Guess the answer was yes.
The next new episode of Desperate Housewives airs Sunday, Dec. 4 at 9 p.m. on ABC.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR