'Desperate Housewives' Lures Trio of Alums Back for Final Season
Dana Delany, Kyle MacLachlan, and Andrea Bowen will reprise their roles on Season 8.
Desperate Housewives fans are getting a huge dose of nostalgia on the show soon. We’ve already seen Brenda Strong step out from the voiceover and back onscreen as Mary Alice (she’ll be on the Dec. 4 episode, as well), but now reports are coming in on three more alums.
A source close to the show confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Dana Delany, Kyle MacLachlan, and Andrea Bowen are reprising their roles on the final season, as first reported by TVLine. It’s still unknown how many episodes they’ll appear in and when.
Viewers will remember that Body of Proof’s Delany played neighbor Katharine Mayfair who left The Lane last year to explore her lesbian relationship with Robin (Julie Benz). MacLachlan plays Bree’s (Marcia Cross) ex-husband, Orson. And Bowen is Susan’s (Teri Hatcher) grown daughter, Julie.
Showrunner Bob Daily told THR that he went into the final season asking the questions, “Are there any unanswered questions floating around out there? Any characters we need to check in with one more time?” Guess the answer was yes.
The next new episode of Desperate Housewives airs Sunday, Dec. 4 at 9 p.m. on ABC.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR