'Desperate Housewives' EP Bob Daily Addresses Susan Lucci Casting Rumors
The exec producer says he's very impressed with the "All My Children" star's fan base.
ABC has already shot down the rumors that All My Children star Susan Lucci will be joining Desperate Housewives in its final season. But, of course, we all remember what went down when Vanessa Williams was floated as a casting possibility last year… and look what happened there.
So, The Hollywood Reporter asked executive producer Bob Daily what, if anything, was true about the rumors that Lucci will be making a move from Pine Valley to Fairview.
“I honestly have no idea where those rumors started,” Daily tells us. “Not from our end. I don’t think we ever discussed it. I know they keep popping up in the press.”
Daily does give her fans credit for their enthusiasm. “I’m very impressed,” he says.
“She’s a woman who obviously has a very large fan base,” he continues. “Those rumors will not go away. We have not discussed it at all on our end.”
We get the sense that the EP already has his hands full with building the finale storylines for the housewives he has now, as well as lining up some fun returns from previous years for the final season.
Lucci is also not hard up when it comes to employment. She has a reported multi-year, multiplatform deal with Disney/ABC and the option of continuing with All My Children when it moves online.
The final season of Desperate Housewives kicks off Sept. 25 on ABC.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro