10:39am PT by Lesley Goldberg
'Dexter' Season 7 Trailer: Watch Deb Punch Dexter (Video)
Deb will clearly never be the same now that she knows about her foster brother's Dark Passenger.
In a new trailer for the upcoming seventh season of Showtime's Dexter, Deb (Jennifer Carpenter) is struggling -- hard -- with the revelation that her brother is a killer.
The two-minute clip is jam-packed with teases of what's to come, here's a look at 11 of the many things to come seen in the trailer.
1. After Dexter (Michael C. Hall) "snaps," Deb apparently agrees to help him dispose of victim Travis (Colin Hanks) -- and they really burn the house down.
2. Deb is (shocker!) struggling with what she thinks is right and wrong, but she clearly knows what the legal decision is: "Right would be taking you in," she tells him.
3. Dexter's outbursts are only just beginning: Deb walks in to catch him attempting to inject a suspect -- at what appears to be Miami Metro, no less.
4. Dexter learns of Louis' disdain for him after he rejected his serial killer video game -- and he'll do something in typical fashion about it.
5. Deb mutters the words, "I will never be OK" to Dexter. What that means for her romantic feelings, however, is yet to be determined.
6. At the remains of the church where Travis' body was disposed of, La Guerta discovers a key piece of evidence that Dexter left behind -- a blood side -- and has a sudden renewed interest in the Bay Harbour Butcher case that spelled the demise of close friend and colleague, Sgt. James Doakes. Meanwhile, Deb goes back to re-examine the Ice Truck Killer case -- featuring Dexter's biological brother -- and connects all the pieces to his past.
7. Deb will continue to confront her foster brother about who he really is -- and it leads to blows when she punches Dexter.
8. Louis' days may be numbered now that he's near the top of Dexter's to-do list.
9. Someone important dies -- with a U.S. flag covering the body as it's removed from a crime scene.
10. Dexter drugs Masuka (C.S. Lee) -- and Deb!
11. There's a masked and horned villain that gives American Horror Story's Rubber Man a run for his money.
Dexter returns Sunday, Sept. 30 at 9 p.m. on Showtime.