Diablo Cody Developing Romantic Comedy at ABC
"Alex + Amy" will revolve around a millennial guy and Gen X woman in love.
Diablo Cody is returning to the small screen.
A year and a half after Showtime canceled the United States of Tara, the Oscar-winning Juno scribe has sold a comedy to ABC, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Alex + Amy, from Warner Bros. Television and Amblin TV, is described as a romantic comedy revolving around a millennial guy and a Gen X woman in love. ABC has given a script plus penalty order to the single-camera comedy.
Cody will executive produce alongside her manager, Mason Novick, and Amblin TV's Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank, who both produced the scribe's Toni Collette starrer Tara when the company was known as DreamWorks TV.
Showtime axed Tara, Cody's first TV series, after a three-season run that saw the series earn Emmy wins for actress in a comedy (Collette) and its main title design. Cody won an Academy Award for penning the screenplay to the 2007 Ellen Page starrer Juno.
Cody is repped by WME, MXN and McKuin Frankel.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR