Diane Sawyer Lands First Interview With Gabrielle Giffords
ABC sets a Nov. 14 special for the hourlong interview with Giffords and her husband Mark Kelly.
Diane Sawyer has landed the first TV interview with Rep. Gabrielle Giffords since the congresswoman was shot in the head during an apparent assassination attempt on her life in January.
Sawyer will sit down with the representative and her husband, space shuttle Cmdr. Mark Kelly, for the couple’s first interview since the reported assassination attempt on her life in Arizona that left six people dead and critically injured the Democratic congresswoman.
ABC will air the interview during a Diane Sawyer special on Monday, Nov. 14 at 10 p.m., where Giffords and Kelly will discuss her step-by- step journey to recover from the near-fatal shooting as well as the couple’s courtship and careers in public service.
The interview is timed to the Nov. 15 publication of Gabby: A Story of Courage and Hope, a memoir from Giffords and Kelly, co-written by Jeffrey Zaslow. A portion of the proceeds from book sales will go to charities in Giffords’ native Arizona.
Giffords returned to Congress on Aug. 1 for the first time since being shot in the head in January.
Sawyer in January also had the first interview with Kelly in the wake of the shooting.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR