'30 Rock's' Alec Baldwin to Narrate Discovery/BBC Nature Series 'Frozen Planet'
The actor provides his voice to the project from the creative teams behind "Planet Earth" and "Life."
30 Rock star Alec Baldwin is lending his very recognizable voice to Discovery’s upcoming natural history series, Frozen Planet, from the creators of Planet Earth and the co-production partners on Life. The series will premiere in March 2012.
“Discovery Channel is very excited to have someone as passionate and talented as Alec Baldwin to lend his voice to such an important landmark television event,” Discovery Channel and TLC Group President, Eileen O’Neill, says.
The Discovery/BBC co-production has been in production for four years. The nature series promises to expose viewers to the rarely or never before seen natural world of earth’s polar regions. According to the network, “the team filmed in every nation inside the Arctic and Antarctic circles during a record 2,356 days in the field, 1 1/2 years at sea, more than six months on the sea ice and 134 hours beneath that ice, filming in the polar oceans.”
Frozen Planet is executive produced for BBC by Alastair Fothergill with Vanessa Berlowitz as series producer. For Discovery Channel, Susan Winslow executive produced with the network’s Production VP Christine Weber.
The 2006 series, Planet Earth, was the most expensive nature documentary series ever commissioned by the BBC and the first in HD. It took four years to produce. Discovery aired it in the U.S. in March 2007 with the voiceover provided by actress Sigourney Weaver. It attracted more than 12 million total viewers over Discovery’s three-hour premiere.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)