'Curiosity: Mankind Rising': Discovery Asks How Humans Became the Most Powerful Species (Exclusive Video)
Sunday's episode traces our journey from the first spark of life billions of years ago to today.
Discovery Channel sets out on an ambitious exploration of humankind's beginnings in Sunday's Curiosity.
The episode, titled "Mankind Rising," traces our journey from the first spark of life billions of years ago to becoming the most powerful species on the planet.
The special aims to answer such questions as: How did we get here? How did mutations create male and female sexes? And were we actually fish at one point during the evolutionary chain?
"This is the improbable story of human existence -- where we’ve risen from raw materials of Earth to the big-brained, two-legged mammals we are today," the episode description reads. "One change or predator along the way and this story would have never been told."
"Mankind Rising," which airs at 9 p.m. Sunday, is produced by Pioneer Productions for Discovery Channel.
Watch a sneak peek of the episode, which is exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, above.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR