Discovery Channel Sets 'Blade Brothers' Premiere (Exclusive)
The new series centers on a knife-making legend who recruits his older brothers to help with the business -- only they know nothing about the industry.
Discovery Channel has set a premiere date for its new series Blade Brothers.
The show, about knife-making legend Todd Begg, will debut with two back-to-back half-hour episodes at 10 p.m. EDT/PDT on Friday, April 19, following the fourth-season premiere of Sons of Guns.
The series will follow Begg -- a sought-after custom knife-maker who has 20 years of experience -- as he sets up shop in Northern California and recruits his older brothers Mark and John to help with the business. With a six-year backlog of orders, Todd hopes that help from his brothers will free him up to make even more custom knives.
The problem? Neither of his brothers actually knows anything about the knife industry. Oldest brother John was a drill sergeant in the Army and worked in the oil and gas industry for 20 years, and goofball former model Mark may not be up to the task.
The news comes on the heels of Discovery's renewal of Sons of Guns, which centers on a custom gun-making company in Louisiana. Guns returns at 9 p.m. April 19.
Watch the Blade Brothers show open, which is exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, above.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR