Discovery Fit & Health Picks Up New Docu-Series 'My Mom Is Obsessed' (Exclusive)
The cable channel makes a slight programming departure with this show that delves into the complicated relationships between daughters and their troubled moms.
In a bit of a departure from its typical programming, Discovery Fit & Health channel is getting into some mama drama. It just picked up a new docu-series, My Mom Is Obsessed.
Each episode focuses on two mother-daughter pairs who are at their wits’ end in their dealings with the mom's obsessions ranging from plastic surgery to shopping or working out. In many cases, their roles have been reversed as the daughters have to take care of the moms. Through interviews, therapy, and interventions, the daughters will try to help their mothers overcome their obsessions and restore the balance in their relationship.
Its first episode airing Thursday, March 29 at 10 p.m. features one mother obsessed with getting cosmetic procedures while another is addicted to working out (pictured above).
Firecracker Films (My Big Gypsy Wedding, Susan Boyle: An Unlikely Superstar) and Zodiak (Being Human, Wife Swap) produce the series.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR