Discovery Sets 'Deadly Seas' Series From 'Gold Rush' Producers (Exclusive)
The three-part unscripted project, which premieres Friday, explores the deadliest warterways in the world: the Bering Sea, Gulf of Alaska and North Atlantic.
Discovery Channel is reteaming with the producers of one of its biggest unscripted series, Gold Rush, to explore the deadliest waterways in the world.
The cable network on Friday will launch Deadly Seas, a three-part series exploring lethal bodies of water including the Bering Sea, Gulf of Alaska and the North Atlantic, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Produced for Discovery by Raw TV, Friday's first installment will explore the Bering Sea, where the treacherous cold water can kill a man in 10 minutes. This past winter saw the worst storm in 40 years hit the region, claiming six boats. The episode will feature a salvage tug boat the Redeemer, head out to rescue the vessel before it's destroyed in open waters and save the livelihood of the boat owner, who escaped the storm.
During the June 15 episode, two boats will head into the Gulf of Alaska for a competitive fishing derby that could net them $250,000 each -- if they survive the 20-foot waves and freezing water spray.
The third and final installment will see a scallop boat and its crew battle the fast-forming storms and harsh seas -- which have claimed the lives of 165 American fishermen -- in a bid to net $350,000 worth of scallops in a mere eight days.
David Pritikin will executive produce the three-part series for Discovery.
Check out an exclusive clip from the series, above. Deadly Seas launches Friday at 9 p.m. on Discovery.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)