Discovery Renews 'Gold Rush' for Fourth Season (Exclusive)
Additional announcements will be made during Friday's special two-hour live finale.
Discovery Channel is mining for more gold.
The cable network has renewed its top-rated series Gold Rush for a fourth season, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The official announcement will be made Friday night during a special live two-hour season-three finale.
"There will be a season four of Gold Rush, but we'll announce some additional things we have planned," executive producer Christo Doyle tells THR.
Additional things for the upcoming season? "Yeah, but also maybe some offshoots happening," he adds, declining to reveal more.
The series is not only Discovery's top-rated show but also regularly beats broadcast fare on Friday nights as well.
Gold Rush's live season-three finale airs at 8 p.m. EST/PST on Discovery.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR