Discovery Sets 'Winged Planet' Special With BBC (Exclusive)
The two-hour special hails from filmmaker John Downer and will premiere Oct. 6.
Discovery Channel is taking flight with the BBC.
The network that's home to Shark Week, has scheduled a co-production with the BBC focusing on the wonders of the world -- from a bird's eye view in Winged Planet.
The two-hour special, which hails from filmmaker John Downer (Tiger: Spy in the Jungle) developed a new team of Spycams to capture wildlife and offer a 3D view of the world as they ride on the backs of eagles, cranes, pelicans, snow geese and others as they soar over landmarks in America, Africa and Europe.
"Discovery Channel has captivated audiences everywhere with our natural history programs such as Planet Earth, Life and most recently Frozen Planet," said Eileen O'Neill, president of Discovery Channel and TLC Networks. "We are once again thrilled to invite the world to join us in witnessing some of wildlife's greatest spectacles, only this time from the wings of our feathered friends. In Winged Planet, our viewers will get up close and personal with these magnificent creatures thanks to cutting-edge technology and sophisticated filming techniques. If you think you know birds, think again."
The special will premiere Saturday, Oct. 6 at 8 p.m. on Discovery. Watch an exclusive clip from Winged Planet, above.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack