Disney Channel's 'Jessie' Premiere Posts Record Ratings
The comedy series stars "The Suite Life on Deck" actress Debby Ryan.
Disney Channel's original comedy, Jessie, launched as the cable network's most-watched premiere on a Friday in three years since The Suite Life on Deck.
Delivering 4.6 million total viewers, Jessie also set records among kids 6-11 (2.3 million) and tweens 9-14 (1.8 million) since September 2008, when Suite Life debuted. The series ranked as the No. 1 telecast at 9 p.m. in the key kids demos. Among the adults 18-49 demo, Jessie averaged 887,000 viewers.
Jessie's strong ratings performance helped Phineas and Ferb set a high in the tweens 9-14 demo, where it averaged 1.6 million. Fish Hooks averaged 1.3 million in the key demo.
Jessie stars Debby Ryan as the title character, who moves to NewYork City and becomes a nanny for a high-profile couple with four children.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR