Disney Channel's 'Descendants' Casts Belle's Teenage Son
Newcomer Mitchell Hope joins Dove Cameron in the upcoming TV movie.
Disney Channel's s Descendants, the live-action TV movie centered on classic villains' kids, has found Belle's teenage son.
Australian actor and newcomer Mitchell Hope has joined the cast as Ben, the benevolent teenage son of the King (Beast) and Queen (Belle). Descendants marks Hope's first U.S. project.
He joins the previously-cast Dove Cameron (Liv and Maddie, Cloud 9), who will portray Mal, daughter of Maleficent.
Said Judy Taylor, Disney Channel's senior vp casting and talent: "We were intrigued by Mitchell's natural acting style, boyish charm and winning personality, and when we brought him to Los Angeles to read opposite Dove [Cameron], it was apparent that he embodied the inherent good nature of 'Ben' and the sense of fairness that the character represents."
High School Musical's Kenny Ortega will direct Descendants, which is slated for a 2015 premiere following a spring 2014 shoot. Josanna McGibbon and Sara Parriott (The Starter Wife, Runaway Bride, Desperate Housewives) penned the script.
Hope is repped by BMEG.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR