'Doctor Who' Reveals First Photo of Peter Capaldi's Costume
No more bow ties: BBC America released an official image of the Twelfth Doctor Monday morning.
Time for a new era on Doctor Who.
BBC America on Monday released the first official image of the Twelfth Doctor, played by Peter Capaldi, revealing the new Time Lord's new costume. Gone is the bow tie made famous by Eleventh Doctor Matt Smith.
Instead, Capaldi's Doctor will wear a dark blue Crombie coat with red lining, dark blue trousers, a white shirt and black Doc Martens -- a look created by costume designer Howard Burden. (Capaldi made his introduction in the Christmas episode that aired last year.)
"He's woven the future from the cloth of the past. Simple, stark and back to basics. No frills, no scarf, no messing, just 100 percent Rebel Time Lord," Capaldi said about his costume.
Added executive producer Steven Moffat: "New Doctor, new era and of course new clothes. Monsters of the universe, the vacation is over -- Capaldi is suited and booted and coming to get you!"
Filming has already begun in Cardiff.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR