'Doctor Who' Reveals First Photo of Peter Capaldi's Costume
No more bow ties: BBC America released an official image of the Twelfth Doctor Monday morning.
Time for a new era on Doctor Who.
BBC America on Monday released the first official image of the Twelfth Doctor, played by Peter Capaldi, revealing the new Time Lord's new costume. Gone is the bow tie made famous by Eleventh Doctor Matt Smith.
Instead, Capaldi's Doctor will wear a dark blue Crombie coat with red lining, dark blue trousers, a white shirt and black Doc Martens -- a look created by costume designer Howard Burden. (Capaldi made his introduction in the Christmas episode that aired last year.)
"He's woven the future from the cloth of the past. Simple, stark and back to basics. No frills, no scarf, no messing, just 100 percent Rebel Time Lord," Capaldi said about his costume.
Added executive producer Steven Moffat: "New Doctor, new era and of course new clothes. Monsters of the universe, the vacation is over -- Capaldi is suited and booted and coming to get you!"
Filming has already begun in Cardiff.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)