'Doctor Who': Matt Smith and David Tennant Join Forces in 50th Anniversary Poster
In anticipation of "The Day of the Doctor," BBC America releases the first key art for the Nov. 23 special.
Matt Smith's days as Doctor Who may be numbered -- but before he goes, he'll topline one of the biggest events in the sci-fi series' history.
The Day of the Doctor, the BBC drama's 50th anniversary special, premieres in the U.K. and the U.S. on Nov. 23. Trailers for the special have been screened at Comic-Con and for members of the media, but for the public, key art released Tuesday provides a first look at the episode.
Smith, joined by previous Doctor David Tennant, looks deadly serious above an image of guest John Hurt emerging from an explosive collage of significant images to the show's past. And it's Hurt, as Smith recently noted, who steals most of the scenes.
"David and I would be climbing the walls, and then John just flicks his eyes and the camera goes, 'Oh yeah, let's watch John Hurt,'" Smith told reporters during July's Television Critics Association summer press tour.
Smith's Doctor Who successor was recently revealed to be The Thick of It actor Peter Capaldi. He'll take over the role at the conclusion of this year's Christmas special.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram