'Doctor Who' Teases Season 7 With New Trailer, Grim Key Art (Video)
With stars Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill set to exit the series during the upcoming run, the new promo emphasizes their mortality -- and dinosaurs.
Time is running out for Amy (Karen Gillan) and Rory (Arthur Darvill). The latest Doctor Who companions, regulars since the current series' fifth season, will soon depart the British serial for good -- and a new promo for the upcoming season emphasizes their mortality.
BBC America, which will host the series' stateside return in the fall, has released the first trailer for Season 7. In addition to familiar foes of the Doctor (Matt Smith) -- Daleks, weeping angels and their cherubic cousins -- one of the interesting clips comes from the series' much-anticipated "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship" episode.
Still, it's not entirely fun. The closing image of the Doctor carrying a seemingly lifeless Amy Pond, the same chosen for the new key art, suggests the character won't be available for future cameos.
Gillan and Darvill have stuck around longer than any other costars from the decades-old series' current iteration, but will leave before the upcoming Christmas special, which introduces a new character played by Jenna-Louise Coleman.
Watch the trailer below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR