Dolly Parton Denies Gay Rumors in 'Nightline' Interview (Video)
The country music legend says she's not "romantically involved" with best friend Judy Ogle.
Dolly Parton denied rumors of a romantic relationship with her childhood best friend, Judy Ogle, in an interview that aired Monday on ABC's Nightline.
The country music legend says she and Oprah Winfrey have bonded over the false chatter. "Gayle [King], her friend, Judy, my friend -- they just think that you just can't be that close to somebody," says the entertainer, who's been married to Carl Dean for 46 years.
"Judy and I have been best friends since we were like in the third and fourth grade," she says. "We still just have a great friendship and relationship, and I love her as much as I love anybody in the whole world, but we're not romantically involved."
Parton, whose new memoir Dream More arrives Tuesday, has more to say on embracing plastic surgery and losing a drag queen look-alike competition in her Nightline sit-down.
Watch the video below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR