'Apt 23' Ups James Van Der Beek's Snarky Assistant to Series Regular (Exclusive)
The second-year ABC comedy has promoted Ray Ford, who plays Van Der Beek's personal assistant Luther.
James Van Der Beek is going to need a full-time assistant on ABC's Don't Trust the B---- in Apt 23.
The second-year comedy has promoted Ray Ford to series regular, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Ford plays the snarky, scene-stealing personal assistant to Van Der Beek's heightened version of himself on the comedy starring Krysten Ritter and Dreama Walker.
In his limited screen time during the show's seven-episode freshman run, he frequently clashed with Ritter's Chloe and denied the titular "B" in the title money for rent after she refused to read his screenplay.
In addition to Apt 23, Ford's credits also include a recurring role as paramedic Ray on the network's Grey's Anatomy. He's repped by Rectangle Entertainment and Morris Yorn.
Apt 23 will return in the fall for a second season in its new time slot at 9:30 p.m. Tuesdays.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game