'Downton Abbey': Season 2 Teaser Focuses on Consequences of War (Video)
The Julian Fellowes-created series, entering its second season, continues the story of the residents and servants of the English manor.
Downton Abbey is returning for a second season, but if you can’t wait until then, here’s a clip of what’s to come.
Last we left off in the British miniseries by Julian Fellowes, a war was looming over the residents and servants of Downton Abbey, the home of Earl and Countess of Grantham. In the brief teaser, glimpses of that war playing out is seen — with people’s lives and relationships in jeopardy.
In an interview in late June with THR’s Tim Appelo, Fellowes discussed the shocking scene in which the sudden death of one of the visitors to the estate was covered up by the ladies of the home in order to save their reputation was based on true events. “This young woman had this man in her bed, a diplomat, and he died of a heart attack. If this story got out, the scandal would’ve been sensational and ruined them. So they dragged his body down the corridors into his own bed,” Fellowes recalled.
Check out the Season 2 teaser:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR