'Downton Abbey' Releases Longer Season 3 Trailer Ahead of British Premiere (Video)
The Emmy-nominee drops new footage -- against a choir covering Lou Reed -- of Shirley MacLaine, the servants and what looks to be a discarded wedding veil.
British viewers won't have to wait much longer for the return of popular export Downton Abbey.
The series, entering its third season, returns to ITV1 on Sept. 16 at 9 p.m., the network announced Wednesday. (It arrives, stateside, on PBS in January 2013.)
Accompanying that news is a fresh trailer with the most new footage the show has leaked yet. It also sets an appropriately melodramatic tone, subbing the usual orchestral score for a choir covering Lou Reed's "Perfect Day."
Aside from the obligatory clips of incoming cast member Shirley MacLaine and snark from the Dowager Countess (Maggie Smith), there's a lot of more from the servants of Downton, including Thomas (Rob James-Collier) eying the new footman and Bates (Brendan Coyle) looking remarkably happy for being in jail.
Less promising is the ominous shot of a discarded veil wafting away from a mystery bride. This is likely bad news for either Mary (Michelle Dockery) or Edith (Laura Carmichael).
Watch the full clip below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR