'Downton Abbey's' Rose Leslie Joins 'Game of Thrones'
The actress will play Ygritte on the HBO series' second season.
Rose Leslie is following in the footsteps of her character, Gwen, on Downton Abbey: She got a new job.
She’ll play Ygritte, who according to the A Song of Ice and Fire book series, is a wildling woman and spearwife who becomes a love interest for Jon Snow (played by Kit Harington on the HBO series).
Aside from appearing as the housemaid with dreams of moving out of her station on the first season of Downton Abbey, Leslie also appeared on the six-part drama series from BBC1, Case Histories. She won the Scottish BAFTA award for best acting by a new talent for the 2009 TV film, New Town.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- NFL Now Demands $16.6 Million Over M.I.A.'s Super Bowl Middle Finger (Exclusive)
- 'Lost' Showrunners on Killing Off Characters, the Polarizing Finale and More Unanswered Questions
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shailene Woodley Tells It Like It Is: 'Teenagers Are So Smart'
- See Angelina Jolie's Daughter, Vivienne Jolie-Pitt, With Her Mom In 'Maleficent'
- 'Sanctified' Emoji Video Provides Hilarious Visuals To Rick Ross, Kanye West, Big Sean's Rhymes
- 'Dancing With The Stars': 9 Changes To Expect From Season 18