'Drop Dead Diva' Casts 'Southland' Actor as a Romantic Interest for Jane (Exclusive)
It could take a lot to get Jane’s (Brooke Elliott) mind off Grayson (Jackson Hurst), but Drop Dead Diva is sure trying. The Lifetime series has cast a new love interest for the reincarnated attorney.
Sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter that Lex Medlin, 42, will appear in the current season’s last four episodes airing in September. Medlin plays Owen French, a charming judge who asks Jane out after presiding over her cases in court.
Viewers will remember Medlin in the recurring role of Det. Andy Williams on Southland. He also appeared as Sgt. Barclay in two episodes of CSI last year and starred in the short-lived Fox sitcom, 2006’s Happy Hour.
Medlin is represented by Progressive Artists Agency and Pop Art Management.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Additional reporting by Philiana Ng.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)