'Drop Dead Diva' Creator Developing Workplace Comedy at Lifetime (Exclusive)
UPDATED: The hourlong Sony Pictures Television project is based on the book "Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office."
Drop Dead Diva creator Josh Berman is working double time for Lifetime.
The female-skewing cable network, home to Diva, is developing Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office, an hourlong dramedy based on the book by Dr. Lois P. Frankel, the president of Corporate Coaching International.
The book, first published in 2004, offers practical tips on how to get ahead in the workplace by identifying mistakes women make that sabotage their careers. Berman would serve as a nonwriting executive producer on the project.
The hourlong project continues Berman’s long-standing relationship with Sony Pictures Television, the studio behind Diva, which was renewed for a fourth season last month.
Nice Girls joins the untitled female FBI drama from Sony Pictures Television set up at ABC which Berman is penning and executive producing alongside Rescue Me’s Peter Tolan.
Berman is repped by CAA and Hansen Jacobson.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR