'Drop Dead Diva' Gets Fourth Season From Lifetime
The cable network orders 13 episodes of the Brooke Elliott starrer for next year.
Ahead of Sunday’s Season 3 finale, Lifetime has given a fourth-season renewal to dramedy Drop Dead Diva.
The network has ordered 13 episodes for a fourth season, with Lifetime Networks president and GM Nancy Dubuc dubbing the Brooke Elliott starrer a “signature series” for the network.
“Drop Dead Diva is a signature series for Lifetime that continues to resonate with audiences with its heart and humor,” she said in a statement announcing the news Thursday. “We are thrilled to bring it back for another season.”
From Sony Pictures Television, the series co-stars Margaret Cho, Jackson Hurst and Kate Levering, the series has averaged 2.3 million total viewers season-to-date, according to Nielsen. Diva also ranks as Sunday’s No. 1 program at 9 p.m. among women 18-49 and women 25-49 on among the basic cable networks.
Josh Berman created and executive produces the series alongside Craig Zadan, Neil Meron and Alex Taub.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR