'Drop Dead Diva' Actor Promoted to Series Regular for Fourth Season (Exclusive)
Lex Medlin, who appeared in four episodes in the third season, will return next year.
After a successful recurring stint on Drop Dead Diva, one of its actors has been promoted to series regular status for the fourth season.
Expect more of Lex Medlin, who plays Judge Owen French and Jane's boyfriend on the Lifetime dramedy, who will continue on the series when the hourlong returns next year. He appeared in four episodes in the show's recently-wrapped third season.
Created by former Bones producer Josh Berman, Drop Dead Diva revolves around an aspiring model who dies in a car accident and finds herself living in the body of an overweight lawyer. In its third season, the Sony TV production averaged 2.3 million viewers on Sunday nights -- solid enough for Lifetime to order another season.
Medlin has guest starred on TV Land's Hot in Cleveland, CBS' CSI and the CW's Supernatural. He also had a substantial role on TNT's Southland as Det. Andy Williams from 2009-10.
Medlin is repped by Progressive Artists Agency and Pop Art Management.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR