'Drop Dead Diva' Taps 'Saving Grace' Star Lorraine Toussaint for Guest-Starring Role (Exclusive)
The actress will play Jane's legal mentor-turned-opponent on the Lifetime series' upcoming fourth season.
Jane (Brooke Elliott) goes toe-to-toe with her legal mentor on the upcoming fourth season of Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Lorraine Toussaint will guest-star in a July episode of the series as Jane’s former law professor, Gretchen Daily.
in Episode 408, the brilliant and intimidating Professor Daily invites her former student, Jane, and Grayson (Jackson Hurst) to deliver a lecture to one of her classes at Stanford Law School. The attorneys decide to help one of the students with a complicated case against a Silicon Valley company. But the pupils will have to take on their mentor when the company hires the best attorney they can find: Gretchen Daily.
Toussaint, 52, played Captain Kate Perry on TNT’s Saving Grace. She’s also known for her roles on Friday Night Lights, Law & Order, Crossing Jordan and Any Day Now. This year, she has guest-starred on The Finder and Grey’s Anatomy. Toussaint is represented by Innovative Artists and Stakevich-Gochman.
The actress joins announced season four guest stars Kim Kardashian, Jake T. Austin, Patty Duke, Valerie Harper, Brandy Norwood and Serena Williams, among others.
Drop Dead Diva returns at 9 p.m. Sunday, June 3, on Lifetime.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR