'Duck Dynasty' Christmas Special Nabs Nearly 9 Million Viewers
UPDATED: The Robertsons close out a very good year on A&E, up from the recent finale and the 2012 holiday outing.
Duck Dynasty got in one last shot before the end of their record ratings year, and the haul was predictably big. A&E's bearded flagship family averaged 8.9 million viewers on Wednesday night with back-to-back episodes at 10 p.m.
Among adults 18-49, Duck Dynasty brought in 4.5 million viewers. And with adults 25-54, the show had 4.6 million. The Robertsons were a huge boon to A&E in 2013, helping drive primetime ratings up 12 percent among the targeted adults.
An impressive take by any cable definition, Duck Dynasty was still down from several of the highs of 2013. The reality show hit a series high back in August with 11.8 million viewers, with a previous record set in April with 9.5 million.
A&E is not slowing down on its Duck rollout, however. After a lengthy contract negotiation with the Robertson family over the summer, the fast-tracked fifth season is set to bow on Jan. 15, 2014.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR