Dylan McDermott to Star in Kevin Williamson's CBS Stalker Drama
The "Hostages" and "American Horror Story" alum will play a detective in the pilot.
Dylan McDermott is staying put at CBS.
The actor, who recently wrapped the network's Hostages, will star in Kevin Williamson's stalker drama, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The drama pilot is described as a psychological thriller centered on detectives who handle stalking incidents for the Threat Assessment Unit of the LAPD. McDermott will star as Detective Jack Larsen, a recent transfer to the unit from New York. Jack's healthy confidence and quick thinking has gotten him into trouble in the past -- a past he hopes to leave behind.
Williamson (The Following, The Vampire Diaries) will pen the script and executive produce. Liz Friedlander will direct the pilot, which hails from Williamson's Warner Bros. Television-based Outerbanks Entertainment banner.
For McDermott, the Williamson drama marks his latest TV role following two different roles in FX anthology American Horror Story. His credits include The Practice and features The Perks of Being a Wallflower and The Campaign. He's repped by CAA, Schiff Co. and Hansen Jacobson.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)