E! Orders 'Botched' Plastic Surgery Series
The eight-episode series features plastic surgeons with ties to the "Real Housewives" franchise.
E! is going under the knife with a reality series focusing on fixing botched plastic surgery.
The eight-episode Botched, featuring plastic surgeons Dr. Terry Dubrow and Dr. Paul Nassif, will attempt to remedy extreme plastic surgeries gone wrong. In each episode, the doctors will perform two surgeries, while also working with patients who need help in turning previous surgeries into success stories. It will also chart the patients' every step, from medical procedures to recovery.
The series will debut in the summer or fall of 2014.
"In a culture fixated on looks, I think we are equally fascinated by stories of both good and terrible plastic surgery," said Jeff Olde, executive vp programming and development. "As more and more people endure multiple procedures for that perfect look, all too often the outcome can be a nightmare. But with the help of two of the best doctors in the field, Botched will offer them a second chance at beauty."
Both Dubrow and Nassif have ties to Bravo's Real Housewives franchise. Dubrow is married to Real Housewives of Orange County castmember Heather Dubrow and Nassif was wed to former Real Housewives of Beverly Hills regular Adrienne Maloof.
Alex Baskin, Douglas Ross, Greg Stewart and Mark Herwick are executive producers for Evolution Media.
The series pickup comes after E! renewed Total Divas, Hello Ross and Eric & Jessie. The NBCUniversal-owned network will debut Rich Kids of Beverly Hills in January and will air a special Britney Spears documentary on Dec. 22.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack