HBO Renews 'Eastbound & Down' for Fourth Season
The comedy starring Danny McBride has been picked up for eight additional episodes.
Batter up! HBO is keeping baseball comedy Eastbound & Down in its starting lineup.
The series starring Danny McBride has been renewed for a fourth season, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The critical darling, which wrapped its third-season run in April, has been picked up for eight additional episodes set to return next year.
The series -- which featured guests including Saturday Night Live's Jason Sudeikis and Matthew McConaughey last season -- returned in February to 1.3 million total viewers and wrapped its run with 1.1 million.
Produced by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay, Eastbound stars McBride as Kenny Powers, a former Major League pitcher who returns to his suburban hometown.
The series was rumored to be ending its run following its third season.
"We’ve always imagined this thing as something that we would keep short and not give it a chance to get old," executive producer and star McBride told fans at PaleyFest this year.
Eastbound joins newly renewed comedies Girls and Veep on HBO's schedule.
McBride also is lending his voice to an animated comedy in development at FX with Aqua Teen Hunger Force creator Matt Maiellaro and newcomer Grant Dekernion.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws