'Eastbound & Down': 'Mad TV' Alum Takes the Mound (Exclusive)
Ike Barinholtz will play a Russian pitching ace that Kenny takes under his wing on the HBO comedy.
Mad TV veteran Ike Barinholtz may have a few curveballs in store on the upcoming third season of HBO’s Eastbound & Down.
The writer and frequent actor on the sketch comedy series has booked a five-episode arc on the comedy as Ivan, a Russian superstar pitcher whom Kenny (Danny McBride) tries to take under his wing, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Barinholtz was a regular contributor for five seasons on Mad TV, starting in 2002. His credits also include episodes of Weeds, The League and Family Guy.
More recently, he co-created (with writing partner David Stassen) and stars in the Spike TV pilot Mega Winner.
He’s repped by Principato-Young and Barnes Morris.
A premiere date has not yet been set for Season 3 of Eastbound & Down.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR