'Eastbound & Down': 'Mad TV' Alum Takes the Mound (Exclusive)
Ike Barinholtz will play a Russian pitching ace that Kenny takes under his wing on the HBO comedy.
Mad TV veteran Ike Barinholtz may have a few curveballs in store on the upcoming third season of HBO’s Eastbound & Down.
The writer and frequent actor on the sketch comedy series has booked a five-episode arc on the comedy as Ivan, a Russian superstar pitcher whom Kenny (Danny McBride) tries to take under his wing, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Barinholtz was a regular contributor for five seasons on Mad TV, starting in 2002. His credits also include episodes of Weeds, The League and Family Guy.
More recently, he co-created (with writing partner David Stassen) and stars in the Spike TV pilot Mega Winner.
He’s repped by Principato-Young and Barnes Morris.
A premiere date has not yet been set for Season 3 of Eastbound & Down.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR