Ed Helms Launches Production Company, Inks Overall Deal With Universal TV
Mosaic's Mike Falbo will oversee the newly formed Pacific Electric Picture Co. as exec vp production and development.
Ed Helms is going back into business with Universal Television.
The former Office star has launched a production company and inked a two-year overall development deal with Universal Television, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Additionally, Helms' Pacific Electric Picture Co. has tapped Mosaic's Mike Falbo to serve as executive vp production and development.
"I'm thrilled to bring Mike on board the creative gravy train at Pacific Electric Picture Co. He's a genuine, wonderful guy with great taste and a phenomenal work ethic," Helms said. "He also has great hair, which goes a long way in this business."
Helms' Pacific Electric already has set up its first project under the pact. The company in August set up an untitled single-camera comedy at ABC about a brilliant attorney who loses her job and fiance on the same day from Archer's Mike Arnold.
"We are such fans of Ed Helms from his body of work as an actor, but we have always been impressed by his instincts and interest in producing," Universal Television' s Bela Bajaria said. "We are excited to start working on projects with Ed through his deal at Universal Television."
For Helms, the pact comes four months after NBC closed up The Office. The Universal TV deal reunites the Hangover star with the studio behind the workplace comedy on which he starred for seven seasons. More recently, Helms wrapped production on Joe Carnahan's Stretch for Universal Pictures and can be seen in Warner Bros. Pictures' We're the Millers. He also co-created and is producing the Zachary Levi and Gillian Jacobs web series Tiny Commando for Yahoo. Helms is repped by CAA, Principato Young and Schreck Rose.
For his part, Falbo comes to Pacific Electric following a stint at Mosaic. Before that, he was an executive at Miramax, where he shepherded films including Greg Mottola's Adventureland and Mike Judge's Extract.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack