'Elementary' Casts Rhys Ifans as Sherlock's Brother
The "Amazing Spider-Man" star will recur on the CBS procedural as Mycroft Holmes, first appearing in the season-two opener.
Elementary has found Sherlock Holmes' brother.
The CBS procedural has cast The Amazing Spider-Man villain Rhys Ifans in a recurring role as Sherlock's older brother, Mycroft, it was announced Wednesday. Ifans will first appear in the season-two premiere, which will film in London.
In the season opener, Sherlock (Jonny Lee Miller) is called to London to revisit an old case, where he is forced to face his older brother. Although the siblings suffered a falling-out years ago, Mycroft allows Sherlock and Joan (Lucy Liu) to stay in his home at 221B Baker Street. With Joan in the middle, the Holmes brothers are forced to confront their complex past.
"I could not be more excited to have Rhys coming aboard,” said executive producer/creator Robert Doherty. “I've always been a tremendous fan and feel very honored to have him in the fold. Equally excited are Jonny and Lucy, both of whom have worked with Rhys in feature films. I think this is going to be a lot of fun for all of us."
Ifans appeared in The Amazing Spider-Man as the Lizard/Dr. Connors, Anonymous and Notting Hill. He next can be seen in Serena, co-starring opposite Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper.
Elementary returns 10 p.m. Sept. 26 on CBS.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack