Eliot Spitzer to Step In for Keith Olbermann During Current's Florida Primary Coverage
UPDATED: The stint will be the former New York Governor's first hosting job since CNN axed his "In the Arena" in July.
Eliot Spitzer is returning to cable news.
The former Governor of New York will co-host Countdown with Bill Press in Keith Olbermann's absence on Tuesday and Wednesday, Jan. 31 and Feb. 1, while Olbermann is out sick with bronchitis, reports TV Newser. The former host of CNN's In the Arena will assist with Current TV's coverage of the Florida primary along with David Shuster, who will be reporting live from Florida.
The appearance isn't Spitzer's first on Current, but the job does mark his first return to hosting since Arena was axed in July.
While signing off from his final broadcast on July 6, Spitzer quoted Theodore Roosevelt: “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs, who comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings, who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”
Editors Note: A previous version of this story stated that Spitzer would be the sole fill-in host, and that Al Sharpton's PoliticsNation replaced Arena on CNN.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws