Elisabeth Hasselbeck Also Departing 'The View'
Less than a day after confirmation of Joy Behar's impending exit, sources tell THR that the panelist also won't return next season.
Elisabeth Hasselbeck is joining Joy Behar on her way out at The View.
A source with knowledge of the situation tells The Hollywood Reporter that the longtime panelist also won't be back when the series returns this fall for its 17th season -- though ABC would not confirm the news.
"Elisabeth Hasselbeck is a valued member of The View and has a long-term contract," reads a statement from a show rep.
Joining The View in 2003 after a stint on Survivor, Hasselbeck has been one of the most divisive personalities on the show. The panel's only open conservative, she has butted heads with many on-air -- most notably Rosie O'Donnell during her two-year stint as moderator.
Though talk of Hasselbeck's departure quickly followed news of Behar's exit, US Weekly was first to report that Hasselbeck was officially out. The story noted that polled viewers found her "too extreme and right wing."
The current season of The View takes the existing panel -- which also includes Sherri Shepherd, Whoopi Goldberg and Barbara Walters -- through August.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR