Elisabeth Hasselbeck's Fox News Channel Debut Date Revealed
She will begin her "Fox & Friends" job on Sept. 16.
Fox News Channel has set Elisabeth Hasselbeck's debut on the cable news channel.
The former co-host of The View will begin her gig on morning show Fox & Friends on Monday, Sept. 16, with co-hosts Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade. A redesigned set will be be unveiled that morning as well.
In her new role, Hasselbeck will interview newsmakers, celebrities and politicians with Doocy and Kilmeade, who have been with Fox & Friends since 1998.
In July, Fox News announced that Hasselbeck would join the Fox & Friends team in September after a nearly 10-year run on ABC's daytime talker The View.
"Elisabeth's warm and engaging personality made her a star on The View," said Fox News chairman and CEO Roger Ailes at the time of her hire. "She has proven to be an excellent conversationalist, and I am certain she will make a great addition to our already successful morning franchise."
The news comes months after Hasselbeck's exit from The View was made official, with Jenny McCarthy taking over her spot. Longtime View co-host Joy Behar also departed the show, with Barbara Walters retiring next year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR