Ellen Barkin Cast in NBC Pilot 'A. Mann's World'
Another film star is dipping a toe in the TV pilot waters.
Ellen Barkin has been cast in the Warner Bros. Television pilot A. Mann’s World, which stars Don Johnson as a Los Angeles hairdresser and salon owner struggling to come to terms with middle age.
Barkin will play Johnson’s ex-wife in what is currently being described as a guest star role with potential to recur if NBC orders the project to series.
The Shampoo-esque drama is from Sex and the City’s Michael Patrick King, who wrote the pilot and will also direct.
Sex and the City alum Mario Cantone has been cast as the salon’s outspoken gay manager. Jesse Jones will play Johnson and Barkin’s son. Kelly Hu, Sandra Vergara, Caitlin Crosby, Amanda Warren and J.R. Bourne have also been cast.
Barkin has appeared in numerous iconic films including Diner, Sea of Love and This Boys Life. She is currently slated to star along with Big Bang Theory’s Jim Parsons on Broadway in Larry Kramer’s The Normal Heart, scheduled to open in April.
Barkin is repped by CAA.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'