Ellen DeGeneres, Portia de Rossi Team for NBC Comedy
The Warner Bros. TV multicamera project revolves around dueling sisters and would star the former "Arrested Development" actress.
NBC has picked up a comedy project from Ellen DeGeneres with her wife, Portia de Rossi, attached to star.
The network has agreed to produce a pilot of the Warner Bros. TV multicamera project that revolves around dueling sisters, with former Arrested Development star de Rossi set to play one of them.
DeGeneres, through her Warner Bros. TV-based A Very Good Production, is on board to executive produce the untitled comedy, alongside Samantha Who’s Don Todd, who will pen the project.
Lauren Corrao, who oversees DeGeneres’ shingle, will also exec produce.
The project would mark de Rossi’s first TV work since ABC’s Better Off Ted was canceled last year.
DeGeneres’ Emmy-winning daytime talker kicked off its ninth season this week.
Email: Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit
More TV Development news
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR