Ellen DeGeneres, Portia de Rossi Team for NBC Comedy
The Warner Bros. TV multicamera project revolves around dueling sisters and would star the former "Arrested Development" actress.
NBC has picked up a comedy project from Ellen DeGeneres with her wife, Portia de Rossi, attached to star.
The network has agreed to produce a pilot of the Warner Bros. TV multicamera project that revolves around dueling sisters, with former Arrested Development star de Rossi set to play one of them.
DeGeneres, through her Warner Bros. TV-based A Very Good Production, is on board to executive produce the untitled comedy, alongside Samantha Who’s Don Todd, who will pen the project.
Lauren Corrao, who oversees DeGeneres’ shingle, will also exec produce.
The project would mark de Rossi’s first TV work since ABC’s Better Off Ted was canceled last year.
DeGeneres’ Emmy-winning daytime talker kicked off its ninth season this week.
Email: Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit
More TV Development news
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR