'Private Practice,' 'SuperNews' Scribes Ink Overall Deal with ABC
Writing duo Emily Halpern and Sarah Haskins, who penned the upcoming Natalie Portman-produced feature "Booksmart," will develop new projects under a two-year pact with the studio.
Writing duo Emily Halpern and Sarah Haskins are going to work for ABC Studios.
The pair, who most recently penned the Natalie Portman-produced feature Booksmart for 20th Century Fox, has inked a two-year overall deal to develop new projects for the studio, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Halpern got her start as a writers' assistant and eventual staff writer for David Mamet's The Unit and also was a story editor and writer on Shonda Rhimes' medical drama Private Practice from 2007-09.
Haskins wrote and starred in Current TV's SuperNews and Infomania.
In addition to the feature Booksmart, the two also penned the screenplays for Lunch Lady, which is in development at Universal, and New Line's Work Wife.
Halpern is repped by WME, Circle of Confusion and Sloane Offer; Haskins is with UTA, Circle of Confusion and Sloane Offer.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR