'Emily Owens, M.D.' Canceled by The CW
UPDATED: The network will air all 13 episodes of the rookie medical drama.
The CW's freshman medical drama Emily Owens, M.D. will not be getting a full-season pickup.
Emily Owens, which wraps production on its initial order next week, will have all 13 episodes aired on the network. The CW had ordered additional scripts in October.
After the lowest-rated premiere of the fall season, Emily Owens never grabbed the attention of this season's two other new CW series Arrow and Beauty and the Beast. And though its season average of a low 0.4 rating among adults 18-49 is matched by other network series (90210, Gossip Girl), it never had their DVR growth.
Season-to-date, Emily Owens was improving an extremely low tenth of a point with each original episode. That makes it the smallest grower across scripted television.
Arrow and Beauty and the Beast both have received full-season orders. The network will launch 1980s-set The Carrie Diaries in January.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR