CW to Preview 'Emily Owens' Pilot Ahead of Series Launch
The first episode of the medical drama will be available on several platforms beginning Oct. 1.
The CW is previewing one of its upcoming shows ahead of its official launch.
The network is making available the first episode of freshman medical drama Emily Owens, M.D. on Monday, Oct. 1, ahead of the series' debut at 9 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 16.
For two weeks (Oct. 1-14), Emily Owens, M.D. will be streamed on several platforms, including CW's official website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Hulu, the network's mobile and tablet apps and on iTunes as a free download.
The CW announcement comes at a time when networks are ramping up previews for new and upcoming shows weeks and months ahead of scheduled premieres. Shows like Ben and Kate and The Mindy Project were available online before launching on Fox this season.
Emily Owens, M.D. stars Mamie Gummer as a surgical intern who discovers that working in a hospital feels like high school. The CBS TV Studios/Warner Bros. TV drama is executive produced by Jennie Snyder Urman and Dan Jinks.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR