Emmy Winner Merritt Wever Walks Offstage Without Giving a Speech (Video)
The "Nurse Jackie" co-star was a surprise winner for best supporting actress.
Merritt Wever was a woman of few words after winning her first Emmy on Sunday night.
The Nurse Jackie co-star, a surprise winner in the best supporting actress category for her role as Zoey Barkow on the Showtime comedy series, seemed visibly stunned to hear her name called. So much so that she didn't seem to know what to say during her acceptance speech.
"Thank you so much," she said, pausing for a moment. "I gotta go. Bye."
And with that, she exited the stage.
Talking to reporters backstage, she still seemed visibly stunned.
"I wanted to thank a lot of people, uh it's happening again," she said of losing her train of thought. She admitted there were several people she wanted to thank, particularly "everyone at Showtime" and her co-star Edie Falco.
Of her win, she said she didn't yet know what to make of it. "I'm scared because it was unexpected," she said. "I don't know how to feel yet. I mean, I have therapy [next week]."
Wever beat out the likes of Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory), Jane Lynch (Glee), Sofia Vergara (Modern Family),Jane Krakowski (30 Rock), Anna Chlumsky (Veep) and last year's winner, Julie Bowen (Modern Family).
Wever also was nominated last year for her role, which marked her first Emmy nomination.
The Primetime Emmy Awards are airing live from the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on CBS.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram