Emmys 2012: Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Amy Poehler Switch Speeches (Video)
The "Veep" and "Parks and Recreation" stars pulled off some shenanigans once the Best Leading Actress in a Comedy award winner was announced.
Amy Poehler still hasn't won an Emmy, but at least she got her acceptance speech read on Sunday night.
The Parks and Recreation funnywoman has been nominated for TV's highest honor each of the past five years (the first two for SNL, the past three for P&R), and while some spurned nominees get frustrated, Poehler chooses to get even. Jokingly, of course.
When it was announced that Julia Louis-Dreyfus had won the Best Leading Actress in a Comedy award for her role in Veep, she and Poehler both stood up, collided and, consequently, mixed up their notes. That led to the three-time winner reading Poehler's would-be acceptance speech, at least until the error became obvious.
Soon, the two would swap speeches and all would be well -- especially for Poehler, who may or may not have sneaked in a little surprise at the end.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR