Emmys: 'Breaking Bad' Winner Anna Gunn Doesn't Care About Skyler 'Haters'
Winning her first award for playing the oft-mocked wife of Walter White, the actress sounds off backstage: "I'm glad there are people out there who enjoy Skyler."
Playing Skyler White can't have been the easiest task for Breaking Bad actress Anna Gunn. Despite the critical acclaim, fans continue to lambaste the character on Twitter and elsewhere during every episode.
If it ever bothered her before, it likely won't any longer now that she finally scored a supporting actress nod for her work during Sunday's Emmys.
"I'm overwhelmed," she told reporters backstage. "I'm glad there are people out there who enjoy Skyler."
When one journalist pushed her about widespread distaste for the put-upon wife of Walter White (Bryan Cranston), she appeared to be pretty ambivalent.
"What the Skyler haters do, they do," she said, shrugging. "It doesn't really have anything to do with me."
With the series' end approaching, Gunn also sounded off on the most recent episode in which her character finds her backbone again. (Spoilers, to follow...)
"I was very excited, because the boys do the stunts all the time," she said of Skyler stabbing Walt in the hand. "I felt it was the culmination of what Skyler had to endure. And she finally drew a line in the sand and said, 'You will not hurt another member of my family.' There was tremendous relief, and it was cathartic."
The penultimate episode of Breaking Bad aired opposite Sunday's Emmys on AMC.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR