Emmys 2012: Jimmy Kimmel's Opening Bathroom Sketch an Edgy Beginning (Video)
The evening's host got some big help from television's leading ladies in the comedy bit -- even if not all of it was entirely welcome.
One of the best perks of being Emmy host? Getting to hang out in the most glamorous bathroom of all time.
In what was one of the edgier opening sketches in memory, the evening's MC, Jimmy Kimmel, got some much needed help from an impressive group of television's top actresses. That he was able to work in a tweak at Hollywood's favorite age-defying beauty procedure, and give center stage to TV's insurgent "it girl," made it all the most impressive.
After Zooey Deschanel, Christina Hendricks and Mindy Kaling practiced their "surprised" facial reactions, prepped and ready to go in case they won (sadly, they didn't), Kimmel darted like a scorned high school freshman into a toilet stall, all sobs and screams.
Prying open the wrong stall door, Nashville star Connie Britton found Girls multi-hyphenate Lena Dunham sitting naked, eating a birthday cake, as relaxed about her exposure as she is on her HBO show. It was, in a sense, a true arrival for the 26-year old, who was nominated for four awards on the evening and is hailed for pushing the envelope in a sometimes-timid industry.
Eventually, the ladies found Kimmel, who was the victim of some terrible botox work. Luckily, they had a solution for his face -- and his pants problem.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10