'Mad Men's' Jon Hamm Reveals Why He Has Annual Meetings With Matthew Weiner (Video)
"Before he even opens the writers room, we sit, we have a 2½-hour lunch and talk about what possibilities are," Hamm shares.
Mad Men's Jon Hamm and Matthew Weiner have a close relationship, one so close that the two discuss upcoming seasons for the AMC drama.
"I have that meeting with Matt every year before we start shooting," Hamm shared during THR's annual drama actors roundtable. "Before he even opens the writers room, we sit, we have a 2½-hour lunch and talk about what possibilities are for the next 13 episodes."
The meeting, Hamm says, is a chance for the two to go through possibilities for the upcoming season even before one word is ever written on paper.
"It's not specifics at all. It's shades and tones and themes. It's incredibly helpful," he says.
Mad Men recently wrapped its fifth season, which notched its best-ever finale ratings with 2.7 million total viewers.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR