Encore to Air 'Hindenburg' Miniseries Starring Stacy Keach
The two-part drama will be broadcast as part of the cable network's Big Miniseries Showcase weekly block.
Encore will tell the story of the Hindenburg.
The cable network in March will broadcast Hindenburg: The Last Flight, the story of the 1930s disaster that ended with the deaths of 35 passengers and one on the ground.
The mini will be broadcast over two nights, March 11 and 12 from 8-10 p.m., and air as part of Encore's Big Miniseries Showcase block.
Stacy Keach (The Bourne Legacy) stars in the period drama about the Hindenburg, the so-called pride of Nazi Germany and the fictional account of the 1937 story of the passenger airship that caught fire and was destroyed in its attempt to dock in New Jersey. The cause of the explosion remains unclear.
Maximilian Simonichek stars as Merten Kroger, an engineer who led the design of the iconic zeppelin; Lauren Lee Smith (CSI) plays Jennifer van Zandt, the daughter of industralist Edward van Zandt (Keach), the American oil man who would stop at nothing in his quest for wealth -- even if it meant putting those aboard the Hindenburg in danger.
For Encore, the mini comes a few months after Encore broadcast Thorne, a mini starring Sandra Oh (Grey's Anatomy) and David Morrissey (The Walking Dead).
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR