Rob Riggle to Host 2012 ESPY Awards
The former "Daily Show" correspondent will oversee the July 11 event honoring the best in sports.
Former Daily Show correspondent Rob Riggle has been tapped to host the 2012 ESPY Awards.
The comedian/actor, whose most recent credits include The Hangover, 21 Jump Street and a guest spot on ABC's Happy Endings, will host the July 11 event honoring the best in sports.
The avid sports fan and U.S. Marine Corps reserve lieutenant colonel will join a roster of guests including former hosts Samuel L. Jackson, Lance Armstrong, Justin Timberlake and Seth Meyers, among countless others.
“The ESPYs are proud to support Disney’s Heroes Work Here program and we’re honored to have a Marine Corps officer serve as this year’s host,” ESPN executive vp programming and acquisitions Norby Williamson said in a statement announcing the news Thursday. "Rob’s diverse background and comic style will bring new elements to the show and we’re looking forward to an entertaining show that will speak to the core sports fan."
The ESPYs will be televised live Wednesday, July 11 at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN and ESPNHD from the Nokia Theatre at L.A. Live.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR