Gregory Peck's Grandson to Star in CW's 'Hunger Games'-ish Pilot
Ethan Peck joins "Friday Night Lights'" Aimee Teegarden in the drama project from "The Vampire Diaries" duo.
The CW has found its prince and he's the grandson of an Academy Award winner.
Gregory Peck's grandson Ethan Peck has been tapped to star opposite Friday Night Lights' Aimee Teegarden in The Selection, the youth-skewing network's Hunger Games-ish drama pilot, a source confirms to The Hollywood Reporter.
Based on the forthcoming series of books by Kiera Cass, the series is described as an epic romance set 300 years in the future. The Vampire Diaries' Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain will write and executive produce the drama, which hails from Warner Bros. Television.
Teegarden will play a poor young woman who is chosen by lottery to participate in a competition to become the next queen of a war-torn nation at a crossroads. For his part, Peck will play the handsome and regal Prince Maxon, whom the girls are competing to marry.
Peck is best known for playing Heath Ledger's part in ABC Family's TV adaptation of 10 Things I Hate About You.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)